Crawford & Company’s data science team analysed UK fire claim submissions during the UK lockdown across domestic and commercial properties including outbuilding and outdoor areas. The team identified a 40 percent increase in reported fire-related incidents.
This report examines:
• The impact of lockdown on the number of UK commercial and domestic fire claims.
• Fire claims by property, outbuilding, and outside area.
• Regional variations in fire claim numbers.
• The impact of lockdown on causes of fire ignition.
• Factors contributing to the increase in fire-related claims.