The high net worth (HNW) market has been one of the most reliable in insurance for many years. Nothing much ever seemed to change. There might be new providers or new products coming to market, but that aside, it’s been steady and reliable. But that has all changed. Suddenly, the HNW market is interesting.
With capacity moving out of the market, and the profile and expectations of clients shifting, brokers in the HNW sector face various challenges.
This in-depth feature focuses on the changing face of HNW and the implications for brokers.
• How reduced capacity is impacting prices.
• Should brokers partner with a newer start-up or trust a more established HNW insurer?
• Striking a balance between price and service.
• The changing profile of HNW clients.
• What responsibilities do insurers and brokers have for tracing the income source of HNW clients?