The government has pushed back the implementation of Official Injury Claim, the online personal injury portal, until at least April 2021.
The delay buys the motor legal expenses insurance (LEI) market some time to formalise its thinking around the new environment and market research carried out by Insurance Age, in association with Coral Insurance Services, suggests there are still some important issues for the industry to sort out.
Comprising input from 165 people across the market, the online survey covered topics ranging from future demand for motor LEI to consumer education and changing cost bases.
Download this report for analysis of the research findings plus feedback from specialists at: Direct Line Group; AA Insurance Services; Arc Legal Assistance; LV; BLM.
• Anticipated impact of the personal injury reforms upon motor legal expenses policy sales.
• The biggest obstacles to increasing the customer take-up rate for motor legal expenses cover.
• How will distributors respond to an increase in motor LEI underwriting rates?
• Broker commission levels post reform.
• Potential impact of the proposed change to the small claims limit.
• Innovation within the motor LEI space.
• Key priorities for a post reform motor legal expenses solution.