This broker guide looks at the current trends in employers' liability (EL) insurance, including the battle to combat fraud, case law, a look at complementary cover, and the important role that can be played by record-keeping should a claim be made against an employer.
The content includes:
• The fight against 'fundamentally dishonest' claims.
• Why EL limits should be reviewed.
• Historic liabilities.
• The part that Personal Accident insurance can play.
• Consideration of liability towards 'self-employed' contractors.
• James Bowen and others v Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.
• The relevance of paper trails.
• The purpose of the Employers' Liability Tracing Office (ELTO).