This paper provides an overview of the reinsurance industry's defining characteristics, describes the essence of reinsurance, its basic forms and the principal functions of a reinsurance company. It also draws on the relevant regulatory environment and stresses the importance of risk management.
- The essentials and origins of reinsurance.
- Benefits of reinsurance for customers and society.
- Basic forms of reinsurance.
- Managing risks in reinsurance.
- The regulatory framework.
- Reinsurance solutions for today's societal challenges.