As part of our ethical guidance series, the CII has launched guidance raising awareness of speaking up and whistleblowing.
The document provides information on member obligations, options and 'speaking up' as part of good professional conduct. This new guidance sets out the legal and regulatory context and how it links to the CII's own Code of Ethics.
- What is whistleblowing?
- Why whistleblowing matters.
- How whistleblowing differs from complaining.
- What our Code of Ethics says about whistleblowing.
- The obligations our members are under when it comes to whistleblowing.
- An overview of the Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998.