The commercial property market is often described as a hostage to economic fortune and over the last decade values have boomed and busted. But what impact do fluctuating values have from an insurance perspective and how can property owners avoid the potentially crippling scenarios of over and under insurance?
One of the most common and damaging errors when it comes to commercial property insurance is failing to recognise the difference between a property's market value and its reinstatement value.
This whitepaper provides advice to brokers on how to ensure clients have appropriate commercial property coverage.
• Getting an accurate reinstatement value.
• Understanding the cost implications of stricter building regulations.
• The importance of a correct reinstatement valuation.
• Impact of changing legislation on property portfolios.
• Key issues for brokers to consider.