Before tinkering with boxes and dotted lines, build the crucial bridge between the strategy and the detailed organisation design.
Building the right operating model has become a hot topic in the insurance industry and many multinational insurers, which today face a common set of challenges, are pursuing similar strategies to deal with those challenges:
• Accelerating growth in emerging markets to offset lower growth in mature markets.
• Reducing costs to deal with margin pressures and the sustained low-interest-rate environment.
• Increasing their focus on end customers.
• Strengthening risk and compliance regimes.
• Responding to pressure from investors and regulators.
This whitepaper provides advice to insurers on how to develop and implement successful operating models.