Many criminals are reverting to ‘paper and pen' techniques to con businesses out of their money, KPMG's bi-annual Fraud Barometer report has warned. As organisations focus their efforts on technology driven defences, low-tech scams, such as cheque and invoice fraud, are seeing a resurgence. Dealing with commercial crime can be incredibly difficult for organisations, from both a practical and emotional perspective.
This article highlights the importance of commercial crime cover, provides advice to brokers on how to protect customers and sheds light on the latest scams.
• Types of commercial crime.
• Two scams doing the rounds.
• The cost of commercial crime.
• Protecting your customers against commercial crime.
• Raising the issue with customers.